Congratulations, Vivane!!!! You are the winner of my fabric give-a-way. WOOT WOOT!! I’ll be in touch to get your address.
Well, I did get up in the studio this weekend. I started to play around in one of my small water color notebooks.. about 5″ x 4″. I smooshed around some paint then added some old dictionary pages to the surface. I began to draw a face.. nothing fancy, as I am not a good drawer.. just funky fun.. and it grew into this little girl with a dictionary dress and arms.. then I kept going with colors and embellishments. Look how she turned out.. She a cutie patootie. I plan on mailing this to a family member of mine… surprise.
This happens to me all the time. I have a slight plan to start a project then I get up in studio and I do something completely different with no planning whatsoever. So…. I picked up a large blank pre-made journal (8″ x 11 1/2″). It was all black and very lonely. I decided to mix media the heck out of it.
Here’s how it evolved:
Here is the journal.. very basic.. inside is just lined pages.
I began to glue the following: left over paper towels from clean up, lace papers, fabric pieces, doilies, decorative papers, lace, polymer clay, resin music paper, burlap, coffee filter pieces and tissue paper casting (center piece) that I made. I added some paint (cobalt teal) in spots that were white or bare.. Then I added a strip of checkerboard duct tape to the binding.
Watch the progress: and click on picture for close ups and then juicy close up towards the end.
Juicy close up alert on the following pictures.. click and click.
I sprayed PYMII on all my work to seal it.
I hope you enjoyed that progress of my journal cover. It felt good to get messy again and up in the “Judio”.
Thanks for stopping by.